Thousands of women marched to protest the inauguration of the President. They claimed to be standing up for women’s rights, but here are the real reasons they took to the streets:
- Their mothers didn’t teach them. Older women are to teach young women “to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands” (Titus 2:4-5). The teachers and role models for women today are famous women who expose their bodies, curse, drink, fornicate with different men and marry other women. There was a proverb in Israel that said, “Like mother, like daughter” (Ezek. 16:44). This saying is coming to life more as each generation passes this ungodly behavior down to the next.
- Men have not been men. When Egypt was conquered, the men became afraid like women (Isa. 19:16). This is our problem. Men are not men anymore. Husbands are afraid of their wives and fathers are afraid to displease their daughters. Young men don’t know what being a real man is because their fathers weren’t men or weren’t around when they were young. God says men are to be the heads of their homes (I Cor. 11:3; Eph. 5:22-24). If men would act like men we wouldn’t have so much of this rebellion.
- They don’t want the role God gave them. The Lord says women are to submit to their husbands (I Pet. 3:1-6). Paul told the younger widows to “marry, bear children, manage the house” (I Tim.5:14). But worldly women despise the role of wife and mother. They want to be independent, wild, and free. Who are they rebelling against? The Creator. The idea of male leadership in the home and the church is not just some tradition. It is the law of God Almighty and any woman who resists it is in rebellion against the Lord.
- They don’t realize what Jesus gives women. Jesus gives dignity to women. In the church women and men are equal partakers of the blessings in Christ, especially salvation (Gal. 3:28). Paul said that women have just as much right as men to be satisfied sexually in marriage (I Cor. 7:3-5). Peter said that husbands are to honor their wives and give them special consideration because of their weakness (I Pet. 3:7). That is real respect for women! There are people who claim the Bible belittles women. One female preacher told me that Paul didn’t like women. When people who claim to be Christians misrepresent what the Bible says the problem only grows worse. If the women of this age would submit to God they would be happier, more content, and forever thankful to God. But if anything is clear from these marches, it is that these women are not happy! Whose fault is that?
- They don’t understand how good they have it. We live in a prosperous, free nation. These women want abortion on demand, no-fault divorce, and the right to marry a person of either sex. Regrettably but already they have these rights. So what are they protesting about? What more do they want? Let them go to another country as some of them have threatened and let them see how women are treated in third-world countries. Let them go to an Islamic country and live under sharia which some of these women strangely say is harmless and let them see how protesting for women’s rights goes over in a nation where men have the right to beat their wives and where a woman’s word in court is worth half of a man’s.
One of the speakers at the women’s march in Washington, D. C. said, “We march today for the moral core of this nation.” This is how perverted this segment of our society has become! They “call evil good, and good evil” (Isa. 5:20).
Thank God for Christian women whose gentle and quiet spirit (I Pet. 3:4) speaks louder in the end than all the clamoring of the women of this world.
3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4